When I wake up to the ‘Huckleberry Hound’ snuggled next to me, I realize I must have done something
pretty good in a prior life to be living the life I live now.
I brought my new puppy Huck back to my home in Alaska from Wayne and Lori’s ranch in Kansas this
last winter. I could have had my puppy shipped to me, but I wanted to meet these people who had
answered all my questions with knowledge and care. I was greeted with warmth and was soon
surrounded by furry giants upon reaching their home. Wayne and Lori are incredibly genuine, thoughtful
people and they sure do love their dogs. I’m so glad I made the journey.
The puppies were sleeping in a puppy pile when I arrived. I sat quietly on the floor as the pile unfolded
and the room came alive with wiggly bodies. One of the puppies crawled into my lap. Lori walked in and
said “That’s your pup!”. I had asked them to choose my pup and get him acclimated to a sky kennel for
the long flight to Alaska. They had purchased the kennel for me and also prepared a puppy to-go
package which included a blanket, a toy, a harness, food and snacks.
Huckleberry is named after his grandfather but after spending some time with him I think he looks like a
cartoon and am reminded of ‘Huckleberry Hound’ from the Yogi Bear cartoons.
I believe the connection I have made with Wayne and Lori will last a lifetime. I am so grateful for their
kindness and I have a deep respect for their love of Irish Wolfhounds.
Thank you, Wayne and Lori for being who you are.
Lori and Wayne are wonderful folks. Its been such a pleasure the entire way.
Not only are they great to deal with, their vast knowledge of the breed made us feel
at ease through the entire process. They truly care about the breed, and their dogs.
When I arrived at their farm I was taken aback. Its a wonderful property for raising any kind of
animal, especially dogs. when i stepped out of my car I was instantly greeted by
four of the sweetest giants. Stunning examples of the breeds temperament and size.
I'm 6'7 and I was like "WOW! Look at these sweet, HUGE babies." Lori and Wayne
were so welcoming. Showed me around, introducing me to all the pups. (they even made me breakfast) Upon leaving, they sent me with a LARGE care package to help with the transition home.
Lori and Wayne made this a truly wonderful experience. If you're thinking about adding a wolfhound to your family, contact them. These are they type of people who give breeders a
After having Irish Wolfhounds (IW) years ago I knew that when I was searching for my next furry family member that an IW it would be. I did extensive research into breeders for months before finding Lori and Wayne Harms. Lori and I spoke on the phone several times and she was patient and kind with all my questions. Making the decision to chose Timbercreek IWs was an easy one from there.
Lori contacted me shortly after that to let me know that a litter was due in mid-September. The wait was on. September 19, 2019 my sweet girl was born, I just hadn’t met her yet. When the pups were six weeks old, I drove the 9 hour drive over to the farm to meet everyone. It is a hound’s paradise for sure! I was greeted by a herd of happy adult Wolfies. Wayne and Lori were so helpful and patient that day and the kennel was comfy and clean. I met the bounding balls of happy and healthy energy one-by-one. My choice was a sweet girl who I named Sydney. This baby never left my side that day and I swear she picked me.
Lori kept in contact with me and sent me several photos of Sydney as the time went on. I picked Sydney up the weekend before Thanksgiving. As we drove away Lori shed tears and I did so for her as well. The love for her babies and hounds was evident. Sydney was amazing on the long drive home and Lori checked n on us when she thought we should be home. She also checked in with us several days later.
Within a week Sydney was already picking up on various commands like sit, down, and wait. She whined to go potty and within a week was sleeping up to 5-hours. She loves human contact and is not afraid of anything which is a testament to the Harms’ care. She loves her big brother Sampson and they are two peas in a pod. She has become my constant companion. I could have never asked for a better breeder, pup, or experience.
Lori Harms is a great Irish Wolfhound breeder. The first guy we got from her was when we adopted Maxwell at 3 years old. He was not only stunningly beautiful, but had an amazing personality. We recently got our new puppy, Arthur. Hes very beautiful, smart and sturdy. Oh and very cuddly. Lori does all the necessary testing and provides the hounds genealogy. Highly recommend Lori. Shes a great person and cares deeply about the preservation of this amazing breed. Diona Peithman & Scott Johnston GOLDEN, MO
Our Top 5 Reasons Why Timber Creek Irish Wolfhounds
1. Knowledge - When we connected with Lori to see if would be possible to meet her and her dogs she not only obliged, she welcomed us to visit and spent hours answering our many questions about the breed, her dogs, puppy care, and much more.
2. Legacy - As a respected breeder, Lori not only raises healthy puppies for loving families, she has enjoyed success in showing dogs as well. What that means to us is that she values the breed standards and is dedicated to building on this legacy with her own dogs. At the same time, she knows each of her dogs' quirks and celebrates their individual personalities.
3. Home - This is not your typical kennel with bays of caged pups. Lori’s dogs are a treasured part of her home along with other well cared for animals on their ranch. On our visit, the dogs walked around her property with us, leaned their massive bodies against us for scratches, and settled down with our children for belly rubs.
4. Dedication - Lori notified us when puppies were available and when we decided to take the plunge as an IW family, she kept us updated on their health and development with photos and videos. She assisted us in not only making a decision on whether a male or a female would be best for us but also which of her breeding mothers’ temperaments would suit our family.
5. Love - Most of all, Lori loves her dogs and puppies. It’s obvious in how she cares for them. She knows exactly how to raise beautiful and loving pups and they absorb all the love she puts into them. When we made the trip to bring our beautiful black female home, not only did we have all the information we needed to become her family, but we also know this little girl has a part of Lori’s heart with her too.
We are so grateful to have found Timbercreek Irish Wolfhounds and to have met both Lori and her husband Wayne.